Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Catering the Shower

At this writing I can't say whose shower I'm catering. Even though the only person reading this blog is the person writing it. This is more of a place for me to keep track of my recipes, only posting the one's that work. This event is for a vegetarian, so with my new burgeoning interest in cooking meat free. I have undertaken an entirely vegetarian cocktail party menu. At this writing I have come up with a menu. The Party is on Saturday, today is Tuesday, on the schedule today is clearing out the fridge. The party will consist of 30 women. I have opted for 4 dishes, all various cuisines, a couple overlapping so I had to improvise a vegan version of an old greek standard. I hope it works, if not, I can save it with dipping sauce. God bless the dipping sauce. it can turn cardboard into a late night drunken snack (or um...So I've heard)

On the menu:
Mini Leek Tarts with Red Pepper and Feta (a oroven recipe)
Chickpea Meatballs in 2 sauces. (meaty meatless balls with 2 classic sauces, let's hope they hold up)
Mushroom Summer Triangles w/ Mustard Dipping Sauce (something lighter with an asian flair)
Vegan Spanikopita w/ Tzatziki (vegan pita w/ yogurt sauce, I know, but it would be sacrilege to substitute)

60 bitesize pieces each, minimum. oh my.

Up next: The Shopping List!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment