Sunday, December 19, 2010

Holiday Bird Take 3

Well the time has come upon us. I have commited to make the Christmas turkey once again. And as of yet, haven't done any research into what I am going to do to the bird. My first attempt was a bit of a letdown, burnt the skin in the first hour. So non of that high initial heat stuff for me, I'm all about the foil til the last hour, also the brine made the gravy salty.Last year was a complete success. I think largely due to the fact that I did it in my own kitchen with all handy tools and no distraction. Focused, well thought out and properly timed. Sorrily, I didn't document it in any way so I have nothing to blog for it. Basically I brined the bird, rubbed a butter,herb and spice mixture under the skin and on it for the most gloriously browned bird you've ever seen. and I think I went with a sourdough stuffing. Don't want to stray too much this time around but like I said I haven't set my eyes on anything new. I'll check my American Thanksgiving newsletters and see what pops out, if anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment