Sunday, November 1, 2009

Meatloaf: Comfort Food for Carnivores



My favorite of all foods is comfort food. Good, simple, and damn tasty. I figure the mastery of home cooking starts with the foods we all know and love. The ingredients are easy to find and the meals are generally inexpensive and go a long way. I have put together a great tome of recipes I've collected from magazines and websites over the years and most pages consist of different comfort foods. I take no credit for any of the recipes I put up here, they are generally a combination of two or three recipes from my collection with some additions of my own. This one I have made with lean ground beef, I'd like to say I ground the meat myself but I was trying to make something quick and simple. I also added the chipotle with some of it's adobo sauce for a bit of heat and smoky flavour. If it's up here then it means I enjoyed it. If I brand it with my "Old Man" stamp then it means that this will be my staple recipe when making this meal in the future. I also made a quick onion and mushroom gravy which I will post a little later. along with a nice cucumber salad my wife and I had a wonderful meal and two more dinners that followed. Maybe even a lunch. Can't quite remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment